Cali Tort losing color out.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zbass
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zbass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2024
Messages
160
Reaction score
41
Location
TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Cali tort frag that was thriving with great polyp extension with a par about 230 to 240. I got stronger lights and it increased to about 300 par. I’ve been watching it for a couple weeks and the polyp extension is very Minimal and it’s starting to brown out and lose color. So I decided move it back down to about 240 par to see if it perks back up. This is the only Acro that’s doing this. everyone else is thriving. Does this sound like a par issue?
 
I have a Cali tort frag that was thriving with great polyp extension with a par about 230 to 240. I got stronger lights and it increased to about 300 par. I’ve been watching it for a couple weeks and the polyp extension is very Minimal and it’s starting to brown out and lose color. So I decided move it back down to about 240 par to see if it perks back up. This is the only Acro that’s doing this. everyone else is thriving. Does this sound like a par issue?
Pics?
I think I'm having the same issue. It looked better but I'm thinking my nutrients are elevated now after a rough summer/fall last year. I'm working on it but it takes time.

Mine is the colony on the left, excuse the terrible picture. It gets closer to 400 par.

20260109_092713.jpg
 
I have a Cali tort frag that was thriving with great polyp extension with a par about 230 to 240. I got stronger lights and it increased to about 300 par. I’ve been watching it for a couple weeks and the polyp extension is very Minimal and it’s starting to brown out and lose color. So I decided move it back down to about 240 par to see if it perks back up. This is the only Acro that’s doing this. everyone else is thriving. Does this sound like a par issue?
Pics?
I think I'm having the same issue. It looked better but I'm thinking my nutrients are elevated now after a rough summer/fall last year. I'm working on it but it takes time.

Mine is the colony on the left, excuse the terrible picture. It gets closer to 400 par.

20260109_092713.jpg
20260206_134543_49F05A82-0508-4E50-AC55-4B896B66B988.png
 
Oh yes a ton
 
Cali tort doesn't require much light for color. What are nutrient levels, what type of lights, schedule, ect.
 
Cali tort doesn't require much light for color. What are nutrient levels, what type of lights, schedule, ect.
15.6 nitrates hydra 32
 
8 hours a day. Blue is maxed out and 20% cw
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new