Calibrate your salinity gauges on the regular

acropora4u

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2012
Messages
2,731
Reaction score
1,200
Location
here
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my SPS polyps started retracting and I didn’t know why all my other parameters were fine. Well today I calibrated my Hannah salinity gauge and apparently it was way off check my salinity today it was 1.028. I don’t know how long it’s been like that but again my Coral polyps have all retracted now that I fixed it it’s at 1.026 we will see what happens in the next couple weeks
 
So my SPS polyps started retracting and I didn’t know why all my other parameters were fine. Well today I calibrated my Hannah salinity gauge and apparently it was way off check my salinity today it was 1.028. I don’t know how long it’s been like that but again my Coral polyps have all retracted now that I fixed it it’s at 1.026 we will see what happens in the next couple weeks
Yes. I check mine against a standard each time I use it.

It is easy to make a very cheap diy standard -

I make 500ml at a time and just store in a tightly capped bottle next to the sump to keep it warmish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new