Calibrating Doser

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Questions for you GHL Pros. Does it matter the length of tubing when doing the calibration. Just got my doser in and is sitting on desk as I getting all connected up. I am about do the calibration of pump heads and was wondering do I need to calibrate with the length of tubing that will be used on the tank or can do it using smaller tubing sitting here on my desk. Hope that makes since. My doser will be 5ft away from the intake and output.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside diameter of the tubing could have a small effect. But the calibration is just about measuring total amount that the pump moves in 1 min. A narrow tube will not allow as much water to move as a larger. Length won’t make a difference For calibration.

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inside diameter of the tubing could have a small effect. But the calibration is just about measuring total amount that the pump moves in 1 min. A narrow tube will not allow as much water to move as a larger. Length won’t make a difference For calibration.

Thanks for the reply I went ahead and set the doser up at the tank ran all of the tubing and ran the calibration. With my setup it dosed right at 18ml in 1 min. Love this doser

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply I went ahead and set the doser up at the tank ran all of the tubing and ran the calibration. With my setup it dosed right at 18ml in 1 min. Love this doser
That's the best way to do it. Varying lengths of tube increase vacuum and pressure, in order to get the most accurate results, it's always best to calibrate once you have your pump and tube in place.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back