Calling all breeders

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all:

For several different R2R articles, who among R2R breeders would be willing to talk to me? If you wish to remain anonymous, I'm happy to shield your identity and/or location. I'm just interested to know what you're trying to breed, all about how you're going about it, and your successes and/or failures.

Just send me a PM.

THANK YOU

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this article. Breeding is not on my list of things to try at the moment but I am curious to see what people are breeding, the setups and the challenges. :)

JerseyClowns

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all:

For several different R2R articles, who among R2R breeders would be willing to talk to me? If you wish to remain anonymous, I'm happy to shield your identity and/or location. I'm just interested to know what you're trying to breed, all about how you're going about it, and your successes and/or failures.

Just send me a PM.

THANK YOU

Currently breeding B&Ws, Black Ice, Black Snows and Snowflakes. Would be happy to discuss at your convenience.

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, did this a few times with yellow stipe maroon clowns but couldn't get rid of the little ones so I quit. Now I have retired and might try again for some dumb reason. I have a pair of black and white clowns now too I want to try them this time also. It was just such a cool thing to do.

James Hopkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently breeding B&Ws, Black Ice, Black Snows and Snowflakes. Would be happy to discuss at your convenience.
I currently have 5 of my 8 pairs of clownfish breeding.

Gold stripe maroon - breeding
Lightning maroon - breeding
Frostbite - breeding
True Percula - breeding
Ocellarius Clownfish - breeding
domino
snowflake
2nd pair of oscellarius

I was hatching them up until my son was born 4 months ago and i didn't have to time but i think i have time now to get back into it. The clownfish are still laying eggs every 14 days.
Does anyone have a better way to actually hatch them and do water changes for the first 10 days of life? That by far is the hardest part.

JerseyClowns where are you located? I,m in Wayne NJ.

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would make you really busy James. I made a contraption that I found on one of these forums to catch the little ones that worked pretty easy and if I do try it again the plan is to make it some kind of system of tanks and sump for the raising not sure if it will work or not but will find out. What do you do with all the little guys?

James Hopkins

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now i just sell them one by one. I had about 400 a few months ago but since i havnt been hatching anymore in a few months i only still have about 50.

On hatch night i take out the flower pot with the eggs and put it into a 10g tank with a heater and airstone. Its such a PITA to get the air stone just right so all the eggs hatch without growing fungus. Is there a better way to do this?

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I never got they to lay their eggs on something I could remove. The thing I made you just floated on top of the tank and it caught them when they hatched at night.

OP
OP
Seawitch

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yoooo hoooo, who wants to talk to me about breeding so I can write about it. If you want to remain anonymous, I can do that. I know some breeders don't want to give away their trade secrets. You can talk to me in confidence. But I know there are breeders out there. Educate us! Tell us what you're doing and I'll write an article about it.

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did do it and have quite a few cool pics I had a long thread on reef central about it but it seems most of the pics on there are gone been along time since I have been on photobucket. No trade secrets here, lol.

Last edited:

Mako56

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if this works.
Egg Days2.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back