Calling all breeders

https://www.omegasea.net/

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
This happened by fluke, but this past sunday, I noticed the aggressiveness suddenly by my Perculas. Upon closer look, they are parents. We can now see eyes and also have the eggs were removed by parents

eggs1.jpg
eggs2.jpg
eggs3.jpg
eggs4.jpg

Brett newell

View Badges
Reaction score
I breed alot of freshwater fish. Played around with colors and such and found the best Male and 2 females.
I would like to get into breeding some salt fish later this year. The problem is I cant do clowns because there is 7 clown breeders withing 45 min of me and they breed beautiful fish with a big following so those are out. I'm thinking maybe start with something else that's easy like a cardinal fish and working up from there. My 40 breeder nem tank will be running in the next couple months and that's what I'll experiment with breeding in.
Any anthias that can live in a 40 breeder?

Mako56

View Badges
Reaction score
Very very cool. I had a couple of the stripped ones doing there mating dance but never see any little guys. Please keep us posted on there progress

vbennett

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi all:

For several different R2R articles, who among R2R breeders would be willing to talk to me? If you wish to remain anonymous, I'm happy to shield your identity and/or location. I'm just interested to know what you're trying to breed, all about how you're going about it, and your successes and/or failures.

Just send me a PM.

THANK YOU
I would PM U but I don't know how.....lol

erky

View Badges
Reaction score
is there a list of well-known fish that are easy to breed?

i have had clowns lay eggs, but i have no interest in raising clown. Id like to know more about cardinals and others. Maybe live birthing fish would be easier?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I have had 5 clutches of eggs from my perculas. I had to let them go as this was happening during a time of transitioning from that tank to my new tank. When they are ready in the now new tank, I will be placing a flower pot in tank once I know chosen area and attempt to raise them.

PICS: Clutch 1

eggs1.jpg
eggs4.jpg

Clutch 4:

eggs7.jpg
eggs8.jpg
eggs9.jpg

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
is there a list of well-known fish that are easy to breed?

i have had clowns lay eggs, but i have no interest in raising clown. Id like to know more about cardinals and others. Maybe live birthing fish would be easier?
Cardinals are a good place to start. They do the hard part for you, also the biggest issue people seem to have is getting them on frozen foods.

Do you think that slowing down the water through your sump benefits the chemistry of your tank?

• Yes (tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 77 18.6%
  • No (why do you think that?)

Votes: 97 23.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 229 55.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 2.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors