Calling all Nuvo Fusion 10 owners

willthethrill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a second setup. An IM Nuvo Fusion 10g. My first nano system. Since it's an all in one system and everything has to fit in the back, I've also ordered a media basket to replace the stock filter sock. There will be no skimmer or reactor.

This is going to be a simple system maintained with weekly Red sea coral pro salt water changes done religiously. (Piece of cake since I'm already doing water changes in my other 160g system bi-weekly). My question for u guys is, what is the best combination of media for the media basket.

I was thinking of using the same stuff from my main system, but incorporate it into the media basket. Filter floss on top, then BRS carbon, then BRS high capacity GFO. I see everyones nano tanks use chemipure, elite, blue...what is that stuff and how does it compare to the media I described already.

Thanks guys.

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I'm starring same tank up. Tank is on the way.

dmw913

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run GFO and carbon in mine. I put them in 1/2 a knee high nylon and put the bag in the middle section of the media basket with floss above.

FishWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run filter floss, chemipure elite and purigen in mine. I'm sure the carbon and GFO will be just as good...and less expensive.

Lilmatty5dimes

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running mine with the intank media basket. Floss on the top rack Gfo in the middle and carbon on the bottom. Doing water change weekly. There isn't much love in the nano forum. Lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a second setup. An IM Nuvo Fusion 10g. My first nano system. Since it's an all in one system and everything has to fit in the back, I've also ordered a media basket to replace the stock filter sock. There will be no skimmer or reactor.

This is going to be a simple system maintained with weekly Red sea coral pro salt water changes done religiously. (Piece of cake since I'm already doing water changes in my other 160g system bi-weekly). My question for u guys is, what is the best combination of media for the media basket.

I was thinking of using the same stuff from my main system, but incorporate it into the media basket. Filter floss on top, then BRS carbon, then BRS high capacity GFO. I see everyones nano tanks use chemipure, elite, blue...what is that stuff and how does it compare to the media I described already.

Thanks guys.
My 10 IM fusion...I use Intank floss, algone, and Chemipure blue...good results...

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 90 80.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back