Calm free swimming shoaling fish

tjohnson3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Domino damsels! They are definitely not afraid and will shoal - have been peaceful for me living with clowns , six line , dottyback , blenny
Lol no no no… this is one of the most aggressive damsels you can find and will murder less intimidating fish. Beautiful… but very evil. They will shoal, but will also defend their territory very aggressively. Damsel-wise, I have 5 Talbots damsels that add some color… pinks, purples, yellows, and blacks really pop when you’ve got some healthy specimens. But if you want super calm, firefish, cardinals, or some types of anthias would do the trick

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is cool and doesn’t bother my mandarin. Fathead anthias!!

Attachments

• DEDBD7B3-DCBC-4817-A640-1BFE53E8B65B.jpeg
    DEDBD7B3-DCBC-4817-A640-1BFE53E8B65B.jpeg
    161.3 KB · Views: 23

velvetelvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put the captive bred radial filefish. You can get it on live aquaria
You can also order them directly from Biota (more reliable source than LA, IME). I have a pair of them that have been perfect so far. Very peaceful and fascinating to watch. They hide in my soft corals (Stereonephthya, Nepthea, and Lemnalia) just like they would on a wild reef. At night, they anchor onto a coral with their teeth and remain motionless, even swaying with the current like a coral branch.

velvetelvis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guy is cool and doesn’t bother my mandarin. Fathead anthias!!
I have one of these. Absolutely beautiful little fish that doesn't bother anything else in the tank. I did make sure to see her eat in the store before purchasing her, however.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back