OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all settling in nicely and had a breakfast of marine flakes that they all seemed to like. I tried to get a picture of the wrasse but he's just too fast. I still can't get the Moon V3 light to connect to the app and I have tried everything I can think of.

20240225_064516.jpg

20240225_064803.jpg
20240225_064654.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd run it for corals, but that's just me. Put it where you want it to end so you don't have to adjust it beyond acclimation periods.
Agree - run it at the 23K and put lights where they will ultimately sit. Set it and forget it. I wish I could photograph the actual color of my DT - very balanced. My LFS guy tweaked the 23k RS program just a bit and I love it.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh... Nevermind. Do you like blue or white light? White is usually more pleasing to the eyes with no corals but it grows algae better too. 12000K is blue but still fairly white. 18000K is more blue but still fairly pleasing to the eyes. 23000K is going to be pretty blue.
My 23k is not overly blue - I hate the windec look - but remember, I tweaked it. And don’t worry so much about algae, put acclimation mode and you’ll be fine. Just add those copepods and welcome a bit of diatom!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My 23k is not overly blue - I hate the windec look - but remember, I tweaked it. And don’t worry so much about algae, put acclimation mode and you’ll be fine. Just add those copepods and welcome a bit of diatom!
I run fairly blue but I try to balance it so my fish are beautiful and my corals pop. I'm probably sitting at around the 18000k point with my mix.

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?
Everyone seems to be doing well I just fed them breakfast and watched them for a while as I drank my coffee. My LFS will be getting a shipment this week hopefully and I can get more cuc and maybe a few more fish or a couple of easy corals. Then after that it might be two weeks before I get more due to pay day schedule. I'm also thinking I need a comfy chair that spins to put in front of the tank that way I can face my two 125 gallons or into the living room. I can see all my tanks that are in the living room from my current recliner but I think sometimes it would be nice to be sitting closer to them.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone seems to be doing well I just fed them breakfast and watched them for a while as I drank my coffee. My LFS will be getting a shipment this week hopefully and I can get more cuc and maybe a few more fish or a couple of easy corals. Then after that it might be two weeks before I get more due to pay day schedule. I'm also thinking I need a comfy chair that spins to put in front of the tank that way I can face my two 125 gallons or into the living room. I can see all my tanks that are in the living room from my current recliner but I think sometimes it would be nice to be sitting closer to them.

Yes! Yes! yes! On cozy chair in front of tanks. If my tank wasn’t next to bed, I’d have my recliner chair right in front with mini table to rest drink! Don’t even care if it disrupts flow of my actual room - its benefits to my entire psyche and well-being have been significant!

Ok, ladies @Katrina71, let’s shop for cozy chairs for Amanda! Maybe we find perfect one and wait till Black Friday sales start so she can get a deal!

OP
OP
Calmwaters

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd wait before getting more fish. Your bacteria may not be able to handle it yet.
If I were to get more I will add more Dr. Tims so there is more bacteria to help keep up with the load and continue to test ever other day to catch any spike that may happen. It will really all depend on if they have anything on my wish list. I also have noticed that the spaghetti worms that were in the tank when I picked it up are still alive and well as I have seen their tracks down in the sand.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back