Cam screw issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently putting together my brand new Red Sea Reefer 170. I am working on the cabinet and am now up to 3 cam screws that have seemingly "popped" (i dont know how else to describe it) the cam screw base. The bases seem like some kind of silicone or plastic that is glued into the wood hole. Once the screws pop this, you can't advance the screw any further in or out and on one it almost feels like I could just pull the inner piece out of the drilled hole. Two of them are on the underside of the top piece, and frankly, the top still feels solid enough that I am not entirely worried. The third one was the last straw for me. This cam screw is on one of the side pieces and is definitely weight bearing. The cam's will still attach, but I am worried about long term stress and separation.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, did you come up with a fix? I have a support issue sent into Red Sea now, it just sucks delaying putting the tank together after waiting for it and being this excited.

Thanks

OP
OP
Andyf30

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I just went ahead to put the cabinet together and the thing still feels super solid to be honest. With only the weight of a 170 on it, I'm honestly not terribly worried. But I'll wait and see what the Red Sea support says ultimately.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back