camera filter for reef tank

dputt88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for a filter for a DLSR camera. I want to be clear that i am not trying to over correct! i want this filter to take picture of corals that i want to sell and therefore, I want to pictures to turn out with accurate colaration. I do not want these filters that are gaining popularity which make your tank light up like Las Vegas.

I used to use photoshop to adjust my raw images, however my only computer with PS on it is currently at my work and its difficult to set aside time to stay at work to edit a few photos.

So again, looking for recommendations of a filter that will allow for accurate coloration without editing.

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for a filter for a DLSR camera. I want to be clear that i am not trying to over correct! i want this filter to take picture of corals that i want to sell and therefore, I want to pictures to turn out with accurate colaration. I do not want these filters that are gaining popularity which make your tank light up like Las Vegas.

I used to use photoshop to adjust my raw images, however my only computer with PS on it is currently at my work and its difficult to set aside time to stay at work to edit a few photos.

So again, looking for recommendations of a filter that will allow for accurate coloration without editing.

What type of lights are you running? I assume you're trying to pull some of the blue-ness out of the shots?

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running reef breeders LEDs. remove a little blue, but mostly get other colors to not be muted by the blue.

Gotcha, I've had good luck with turning all of my LED channels to 100 and then playing with the color saturations in post to get the corals to look closer to the do in real life. If you shooting for selling corals this would be a bit of a tedious process I think.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should just be able to calibrate the white balance on your DSLR to help with it instead of a filter.

There’s a few stickies in the photography forum about it.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back