Reef Casa Mini Frag Tank (Pico) Filter Roller

Snorg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 22, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3D printer and a 6 Gallon Reef Casa Mini Frag Tank. While I know reefing well, I do not know 3D Design well. Therefore, I'm on the hunt for someone to alter an Automatic Filter Roller file so that it works seamlessly with my miniature AIO, or create one entirely from scratch. Preferably something that can be set up to be time-driven or that uses an optical water sensor. I tried for many hours without progress, trying to get the first piece created. I would need the size of filter rolls to be readily available, along with the hardware (motor, control, etc.)

Could I just buy one from iSeaLive? Absolutely, but then if something breaks, I am on the hook for another entire roller unit. I would much rather print it and assemble it myself.

Can anyone point me in the direction for some place or person that can help with that, and is not a scam? I believe that this would be a breeze for someone well versed in 3D design.

I am definitely happy to pay (provided it works properly with my setup. I can put a down payment on it. I am trying to keep the design at a reasonable price.
 
Rollers aren't necessarily difficult to design to print, it's more the motors to drive it and getting everything to work together.

They're fairly simple - allow water to flow through the fleece/filter roll until the restriction raises the water level triggering the roll and allowing the water to flow again. Getting the motor to turn the roller and pull fresh filter without just "spooling", you'll need the right tension.

It wouldn't be too difficult to design a replacement "box" for a roller but you'd need to ensure that the roller fleece fits your AIO.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new