Camera Help!!!

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to decide between the Nikon d5100 and the d90. I know the d5100 doesn't have the AF motor in the body where as the d90 does. What are the advantages to the AF motor in the body? Also what macro lens would be good with these two particular cameras? This will be my first DSLR and I have been researching for a few months now, but I just need some help from some of the more experienced photographers on here. Thanks.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AF motor, in the body, really isn't a big deal, unless you already own some of the older 'screw-drive' Nikon lenses. All of the more modern lenses have AF motors, built into the lens.

For some of the most honest reviews, of both cameras, I'd suggest checking out DPReview. Here's their review of the 5100 Nikon D5100 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

As for Macro lenses, you have a few options, the best option will probably be the Nikkor 105mm 2.8.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Checkitout

Checkitout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, for the help. I just never knew the importance of the AF motor in the body. So basically if you are starting out from scratch with no lens its ok to not have the AF motor built in the body because all the new lens have them built in? Is their a difference in picture quaility in having the motor built in the body or built in the lens?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back