Camera Recommendation 2022

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like stated above you don't have to spend a fortune for good pictures. Mirrorless or mirrored isn't going to make a huge difference it really comes down to lens quality. A good piece of glass can produce great images on a less than ideal camera body. The most import things are knowledge of the equipment you are using and how to adjust exposure. If you are not locked into the nikon mount Id suggest a canon and get a used L series macro lens.
L series hold their values well.... unfortunately unless you own one ....

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is true that any DSLR can get u great pics for reefing and frags yet a better camera will.always get you better and faster focus, better colors and image quality. I've used the following so far over the last 15 years.
Nikon D70- D200-D300- D750- Z7ii and with each upgrade my pics got better out of the camera which is something to appreciate if u will be fragging and selling corals which means a growing loads of pictures to be taken and processed maybe weekly....
Glass also plays a good part I had good results over the years from a tamron 17-50 2.8 yet the macro 105 from nikon was simply way better for macros, still quality price wise that 17-50 2.8 was great looking at quality/price . Extension tubes were great for macros but focusing was a pain and had to have corals close to the cameras due to the limited working range, might be a plus in a shallow frag tank or then maybe the 60mm macro might be best as it focuses even closer but my tank is 85 cm wide so the 105 was a better choice .....
Phones will get you great pics but compare the pics from a phone vs a camera viewed at 100 percent on a monitor and you'll see how better cameras are.
Raw is indeed great with tank lighting and wb corrections.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back