Camera Websites

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what your favorite websites are for photography equipment. I'm going to be purchasing a T3i in the next week or two, as well as a Tamron 17-50 and a Canon 100 macro lens. I had looked on B&H photo and the T3i is $624, but I found another site today, 42photo.com, that has it for $558. Both have free shipping. Anyone ever purchased from them? Have any other website suggestions? This is a big step up from my poor little Fuji P&S I am currently using, which takes incredibly terrible pictures.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the review site! Seems the only negative feedback from the company I was looking at is that they like to follow up with high pressure sales calls... worth a savings of $75 IMO. Thanks for the link to OneCall as well, though they don't have the T3i body only, and I've been told the lens that comes with the kit is junk. Lots and lots of research to do, I hate buying something only to find it cheaper somewhere else.

7Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get how one site can list the body for $799, when another lists it for $415. From the review site Sid linked, I found this - https://certifieddigital.com/product/canon-eos-rebel-t3i-digital-camera-body-only/540/5/5169b001/.

You have to be very careful buying equipment online. There are tons of horror stories of low priced camera stores. After the transaction you get a call saying that item is out of stock and they try to switch you or flat out keep your money! If you find a cheap price always do a search on the store. E-bay has some good deals. I bought my Tamron 90mm for $389 after seeing it listed for $650.

OP
OP
mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually decided to go with Adorama. I got the 60D for $899 plus a $60 off coupon. Then a tamron 28-75 and a canon 100mm macro.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adorama is very respectable, as well!

One important thing to consider is: when purchasing from a reputable site, it's much easier to deal with them, in the future, if any warranty work is needed or even customer support. That's the main reason I buy local, from OneCall.

OP
OP
mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered buying local, as there's a nice camera store a few miles from the house. The only catch was that they wanted $950 for the 60D, plus I'd have had to pay sales tax, which made it another $60. I essentially paid $830 for the camera with free shipping from Adorama, and they had a better price on the macro lens... and the local store didn't even carry Tamron lenses. I found several other websites with cheap cameras, but after doing some googling, found out that there are quite a few scam sites that appear to be legit.. until you make a purchase.

Since the 60D is on backorder, it may be a while before I get it... but I'm certain I'll be posting for some advice on shooting!

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get how one site can list the body for $799, when another lists it for $415. From the review site Sid linked, I found this - https://certifieddigital.com/product/canon-eos-rebel-t3i-digital-camera-body-only/540/5/5169b001/.

Haha, did you enter them into the reseller ratings link I gave you? If so, you'll see that they have VERY BAD reviews. Certified Digital Reviews - certifieddigital.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Looks like they may be selling Gray Market items.

OP
OP
mfdrookie516

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I looked at the reviews afterwards and found out that they sucked. But, when I did a product search on the camera, they were the cheapest. Defiitely found out why they were cheapest when I started googling.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a T2i, T3i, or 60D, Adorama has a special right now. The T2i is $399, the T3i is $549, and the 60D is $830 by using s1234567 as the coupon code at checkout.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back