Can’t calibrate salinity probe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

russell13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24A6BB57-07BF-44B4-A682-1328A596876F.png
Having some trouble getting my salinity probe to calibrate correctly. It gets to step two where it is supposed to calibrate the probe dry and nothing happens. It just keeps loading. Can’t figure out why??? The probe has been dry for 2 hours. It gets to the point in the picture and then times out. Please help

DC504

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went through the same thing. Make sure the connector is well-seated in the apex base. I had apparently partially dislodged it when I was doing some cable management. As soon I re-seated it, it calibrated perfectly.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had that issue, I opened a ticket and recieved the following directions.

Step 1:
Unplug
the Conductivity probe from the Apex Base unit

MANUAL CALIBRATION
Step 2:

Start by logging into your APEX Dashboard and clicking on the Three Gears Icon and then the INPUTS Icon

Step 2:
Select the SALT(BASE_COND) Option.

Step 3:
Click on the ADVANCED Tab option.

Step 4:

Scroll down and click on the MANUAL PROBE CALIBRATION option.

Step 5:

Follow the steps it prompts you to do. Press the Calibrate button.
*Note:There is no probe attached at this time. Also wait about 30 seconds at each step.

Step 6:

Next Select Ok once the probe has settled
*Note ignore the settling number

Step 7:

Select the Calibration Solution you are about to use.
*Note the Apex base unit can ONLY calibrate using 53,000, a PM2 module can offer other ranges

Step 8:
Next Select Ok once the probe has settled (after 20-30 seconds)
*Note the settling number is still the same as the dry number because there is no probe attached

Step 9:
Now you will get this message that you have successfully calibrated the probe

Step 10:
Once the calibration is complete exit to the Input list and the go back to the Input list and select Salt Probe next you will need to double click on the name "Probe" to open up a hidden view of the Offset and Range they should read like this.
Scale: 10ec
Offset -13

Step 11:
Now that the Offset and Range match above reboot the Apex by either pressing the reset button for 1-2 seconds, selecting reboot under the Misc Page or unplugging and re-plugging the AquaBus Cable on the base unit. .

Now plug back in the Conductivity probe and go through the Manual Calibration setup and you should be able to calibrate the probe.

Back