Can’t figure out why my tang has these spots and my other fish don’t.

Chicken_Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this scopas tang about 2 weeks ago and the first few days she got these white spots. They’ll go away and come back as I approach the tank because I notice she is very shy around anyone. Trying to see if it’s ich or velvet. None of my other fish have it, just her. I attached 3 pictures. She’s very camera shy so sorry for not being the best quality.

IMG_2770.jpeg IMG_2767.jpeg IMG_2766.jpeg

bensoo00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be stress spots from being added into the new tank. Mine is also camera shy but if you could get a better picture someone could probably give you a more accurate answer. I think it might be stress spots because my fella used to have that too and it just ended up going away, and my hippo tang had a similar thing happen to him. As long as he acts healthy and isn’t doing weird stuff I’d probably think it’s stress. Could be just something my tangs went through though, good luck!

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do I add or do to make sure she recovers? She eats fine and is picking off the algae like crazy but when I approach the tanks is when she freaks out.
Seachem has a stress guard solution to add to tank that creates and aids fishes mucus. That’s a start. And make sure there’s a lot of o2 exchange. And try not to approach the rank to fast or to much if that’s what’s bothering the fish

OP
OP
C

Chicken_Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seachem has a stress guard solution to add to tank that creates and aids fishes mucus. That’s a start. And make sure there’s a lot of o2 exchange. And try not to approach the rank to fast or to much if that’s what’s bothering the fish
Is the seachem safe for reef? I have a bunch of softies in there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back