parasite on my clownfish?

EvanStorzuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had my clown fish for about 3 weeks now and there are little white dots on her gills and nose. at first i thought it was ich. but it should have spread to my other fish by now and so far there are no signs of illness or the same white dots on any of my other fish. she doesnt act sick and her behaviour has not changed since i got her and she is quit active and courious. by now it is too late to quarintine her obiously so i was just wondering how i should go about this. ive attached the best picture i can get

sick clown.jpg

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post some pics under white light? It’s too blue to make out much.
On black clowns you will see any excess mucus very easily, as well as potential bites.

OP
OP
E

EvanStorzuk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you post some pics under white light? It’s too blue to make out much.
On black clowns you will see any excess mucus very easily, as well as potential bites.
ive done some more research and some hard inspecting and it seems to me its either just a scratch or maybe its just how her gill looks. she has had it sinze ive gotten her and it hasnt changed at all when comparing pictures through out the time i have had her... so i think it is nothing to worry about!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive done some more research and some hard inspecting and it seems to me its either just a scratch or maybe its just how her gill looks. she has had it sinze ive gotten her and it hasnt changed at all when comparing pictures through out the time i have had her... so i think it is nothing to worry about!
Sounds like it - if it hasn’t changed I wouldn’t expect anything like ich.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back