Can a dying toadstool cause havoc?

ctylermast

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
144
Reaction score
78
Location
virginia
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank had been doing relatively well. I’ve had an issue with phos botttoming out once or twice but for the most part it’s been managed. Now only thing I’m trying to get nailed down is my cal . Anyways my tank is about 8-9mo old. My monti digi has been struggling, but might have been from a nem sting(nem is since gone). My plating monti has been struggling for a while. My lobo has been in for about 3-4 weeks and I’ve got some skeleton showing still. And actually one of my zoa colonies seem a little angry. With that being said, I have a toadstool that just hasn’t likes anywhere I placed him, I eventually forgot about him, but he has melted down to a little nub. Could the toxins he releases possibly be causing the issues?
IMG_4601.png
IMG_4600.jpeg
 
It could definitely be part of the problem. Do you run any activated carbon in your filter?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new