Can a Kenya Tree and Gorgonian touch?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SauceyReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have 3 gorgs, they all touch other corals, have never had a problem. As long as the other coral doesn't sting

Both gorgonians and kenya trees release toxins, so you might want to run activated carbon in your tank to absorb the toxins. They will be fine next to each other.
 
I have 3 gorgs, they all touch other corals, have never had a problem. As long as the other coral doesn't sting

Both gorgonians and kenya trees release toxins, so you might want to run activated carbon in your tank to absorb the toxins. They will be fine next to each other.
Mind me asking what corals are they touching without a problem? I’ve noticed they don’t seem to mind zoas or mushrooms but I don’t have much experience with other soft corals. I have a gorg in this tank touching a maxi mini causing it to die off a bit. You can see it here growing out of a big mushroom and paly / zoa
IMG_4193.jpeg
pit.
 
You can but both are not going to be happy over time. Touching may inhibit full polyp extension on either or both.
Would be better on its own with some room to wave.
 
You can but both are not going to be happy over time. Touching may inhibit full polyp extension on either or both.
Would be better on its own with some room to wave.
Theyve been in there together over a year no problem. It is just an experimental little 5 gallon flower bowl. I just throw extra corals in there for the most part. I have a main colony of the Gorg in my other evo so if it dies NBD.

It is interesting and new to me to learn what corals can and cant cohabitate close together,
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new