OP
OP
J

johnj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I agree but if you don't have a problem using a chiller, I'd also recommend getting T5 supplement lighting. You can do only LED but there's a lot of merit to eliminating shading, hotspots etc if you're definitely thinking about SPS.
iv looked at pics/vids and the LED lights do seam to make corals pop more than T5 lighting " maybe just add another 2 hydra 26hd to make 5 on the tank

Saintnovakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
iv looked at pics/vids and the LED lights do seam to make corals pop more than T5 lighting " maybe just add another 2 hydra 26hd to make 5 on the tank
T5 isn't for viewing. It's for growing. You run it when you run your main photo period and when you get home they'd be off. You get the best of both worlds. Almost nothing colors up and grows out like T5 but nothing pops like LEDs. Also, I run Hydra52 HDs and they are awesome BUT they aren't twice as strong as the 26 and are still only a two foot spread. More 26s might add better options for placement and spread. My humble 2 cents.

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 isn't for viewing. It's for growing. You run it when you run your main photo period and when you get home they'd be off. You get the best of both worlds. Almost nothing colors up and grows out like T5 but nothing pops like LEDs. Also, I run Hydra52 HDs and they are awesome BUT they aren't twice as strong as the 26 and are still only a two foot spread. More 26s might add better options for placement and spread. My humble 2 cents.
Hydras ate good lights no question. But led are not a must for a successful tank.
Some.kf the best systems out there are t5 mainly..
It's all about the spectrum and the right T5 bulbs

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 195 71.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back