Can acros survive a fallow tank?

scoobysnack77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
205
Reaction score
2
Location
philly
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to fallow my tank to get rid of ICH. all my fish are in a HT. Right now my nitrate and phosphate are 0. they were always pretty low even WITH fish in the tank. What are some ways i can make sure my acros survive the 73 day fallow period for killing off the ICH in my display? So far I've been staggering feedings every other day. I feed red seas reef energy part a & b , phytoplanton and zooplankton, and once a month i grind up raw oysters and target feed. Also i dose acros power daily. Any other things I'm missing?
 
My question is , is feeding the corals the same as providing nutrients like nitrate and phosphate ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new