Can All For Reef help with Precipitation?

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefer!
After a month struggling with precipitation, i finally get the upperhand, but it still precipitate even thought my Ca went down to 290ppm, and KH is 7.7dkh.
I wonder that All For Reef can help me stable my parameters and help with the precipitaion?
I was following Randy's method in day one i got precipitated, it help alot, but it still be some white spot in my tank after 3-5 days.
My parameter is:
Ca: 340ppm (dosing Fauna marin Balling light + Ca reactor)
KH: 7.7 (Ca reactor)
Mg: 1420 (Ca reactor)
No3: < 5
Po4: 0.04 ppm

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you ball and run a calcium reactor?

OP
OP
N

Nikolai_VN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you ball and run a calcium reactor?
I choose Balling in the begining, after it make my tank precipitated badly, i switch to Ca react to balance my number. It help, but it cannot produce enough Ca so i have to dose more.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I choose Balling in the begining, after it make my tank precipitated badly, i switch to Ca react to balance my number. It help, but it cannot produce enough Ca so i have to dose more.
Evidently you were not giving enough time between each does while dosing cal, alk and part 3 while you were balling - or you were dosing over the daily limit per what would be stated on each parts guidlines.

If your precipitation has stopped, then bring up your salinity to .35ppt and see If your calcium locks into your alk with your cal reactor.

Highjacked that tip from one of Randy’s old articles. Ran my cal reactor for four years at .35ppt and my cal always stayed in balance with the alk.

You could try AFR, but it has some pluses and minus as well.

Good luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back