Can alveopora touch each other?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

Matt Bravo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
774
Reaction score
377
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question guys, got 2 alves in my system and was thinking they could look nice together but I’m wondering if they would sting each other. Has anybody tried this before and if so how did it go?
 
Quick question guys, got 2 alves in my system and was thinking they could look nice together but I’m wondering if they would sting each other. Has anybody tried this before and if so how did it go?
I've got gonis (related species?) that touch with no problems that I can see.
 
Does anyone have experience With Alveopora touching softies like zoa’s or paly’s ? I’ve got one Alveopora that’s doing great and was going to get another frag but the area I’m thinking about putting it is near zoa’s?
 
Does anyone have experience With Alveopora touching softies like zoa’s or paly’s ? I’ve got one Alveopora that’s doing great and was going to get another frag but the area I’m thinking about putting it is near zoa’s?
I wouldn’t recommend it just because it’s an lps that could potentially hurt the zoa. You could try and carefully inspect the zoa over the course of a few days and if you see it’s not opening the same way then you should definitely put some space between them
 
Quick question guys, got 2 alves in my system and was thinking they could look nice together but I’m wondering if they would sting each other. Has anybody tried this before and if so how did it go?
IMG_4380.jpeg

Have had all of these since they were small frags. Alves are fine touching other alves. Just be careful of shadowing/flow if they’re too close
 
Does anyone have experience With Alveopora touching softies like zoa’s or paly’s ? I’ve got one Alveopora that’s doing great and was going to get another frag but the area I’m thinking about putting it is near zoa’s?
Just realized OP post is older lol. There ~shouldn’t~ be a problem. Pretty much any alveopora you find for sale here is a branching alveopora (personally have never seen an encrusting one). I’d just watch for the alveopora shadowing the zoas
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new