Can any ID this disease?

Deephouse_jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this sunburst anthias for about 6 months. A few weeks ago I noticed it wasn't showing an appetite, but still eating a little. I added a T5 hybrid fixture and noticed it started only hanging out in the corner where it likes to sleep. I assumed it was because the lights were to bright and needed to acclimate. About a week goes by and the same behavior is happen. I added a new fish, flasher wrasse, today and the sunburst goes into hiding. Sunburst are skiddish so I thought he was just scared. I then noticed the massive wound. I did a fresh water dip. I have begun a ProziPro treatment cycle. Any advice would be great. The Sunburst is still alive, but won't make it through the night.

OP
OP
Deephouse_jedi

Deephouse_jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this sunburst anthias for about 6 months. A few weeks ago I noticed it wasn't showing an appetite, but still eating a little. I added a T5 hybrid fixture and noticed it started only hanging out in the corner where it likes to sleep. I assumed it was because the lights were to bright and needed to acclimate. About a week goes by and the same behavior is happen. I added a new fish, flasher wrasse, today and the sunburst goes into hiding. Sunburst are skiddish so I thought he was just scared. I then noticed the massive wound. I did a fresh water dip. I have begun a ProziPro treatment cycle. Any advice would be great. The Sunburst is still alive, but won't make it through the night.
I forgot the picture. Here is the Sunburst wound.

MVIMG_20200118_210335.jpg

OP
OP
Deephouse_jedi

Deephouse_jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be uronema. Anthias are prone to it. Very deadly.
I'm thinking this is indeed it. I do have chromis which probably brought it in. This is such a bummer. From what I found you can't eradicate it from the tank. Sunburst are 1 of my favorite fish. I would never want to put another through that again.
Unless my research is wrong. Does anyone know a way to eradicate from your tank?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back