Can any of this digi be saved

BigBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The past 2 weeks a digi in my tank has been turning white from the very middle. It doesn't appear to be from any coral on coral contact. It just started dying and since all the branches intertwined, it just KEEPS spreading.
Should I just write it off? I tried cutting some of the branches to try and save them but...they all turned bone white too. The thing was the size of my hand and now its....****.

dying digi.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The past 2 weeks a digi in my tank has been turning white from the very middle. It doesn't appear to be from any coral on coral contact. It just started dying and since all the branches intertwined, it just KEEPS spreading.
Should I just write it off? I tried cutting some of the branches to try and save them but...they all turned bone white too. The thing was the size of my hand and now its....****.

dying digi.jpg
Anything with color can be saved. But the real question is what's killing it? If it was me, I'd snip a couple of those tips just above the white parts. Even the ones that still have flesh just no PE are alive just irritated it looks like from the picture.

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try and cut off what's good and see what happens. From my experience with digi the living should make it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

dying digi.jpg
Try fragging tops and place in various locations of the tank.
Assure also that calcium and alk are not out of range and flow not too aggressive. I see lots of area for potential salvaging on it

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back