Can anyone help id please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nickt516
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nickt516

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2022
Messages
14
Reaction score
5
Location
long island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone can help ID these corals, it would be great. I have these three corals But I would love to know the actual species, and if they have any care requirement tips. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5492.jpeg IMG_5493.jpeg IMG_5494.jpeg
 
If anyone can help ID these corals, it would be great. I have these three corals But I would love to know the actual species, and if they have any care requirement tips. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5492.jpeg IMG_5493.jpeg IMG_5494.jpeg
My best guesses:
1. Acanthastrea Echinata
2. Goniastrea
3. Hydnophora

You got some aggressive ones there! Pretty though! All pretty much middle of the road when it comes to flow and light. Pretty flexible.
 
1. Acanthastrea (not necessarily echinata; there are multiple "classic"/echinata-likw Acanthastrea species)
2. Pectinia
3. Merulina scabricula
 
1. Acanthastrea (not necessarily echinata; there are multiple "classic"/echinata-likw Acanthastrea species)
2. Pectinia
3. Merulina scabricula
second one is defiantly a pectina and one is acanthastrea - commonly sold as echinata due to the smoother skin.
 
If anyone can help ID these corals, it would be great. I have these three corals But I would love to know the actual species, and if they have any care requirement tips. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5492.jpeg IMG_5493.jpeg IMG_5494.jpeg
one is Acanthastrea
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new