Can anyone help ID this thing, please?

flutter.baybee

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2016
Messages
26
Reaction score
10
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1466995926.444470.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1466995937.281524.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1466995947.568014.jpg

We just saw him in Jurassic Tank and aren't sure what it is [emoji15][emoji15]
 
Your friend or foe looks like a gorilla crab, if so not a friend.
 
What do the gorilla crabs eat in a reef? Zoas? Torch? or hammers?
 
What do the gorilla crabs eat in a reef? Zoas? Torch? or hammers?


They are opportunist feeders. Some will eat Zoas, some will take bites out of LPS, most will snag fish and snails if they can. If you could get him out, and get another clearer photo, I could tell you more about him.
 
Ok I will try to get another photo when one of them pop out of the rocks
 
Could be. He's even hairier than gorilla crabs I've seen as hitchhikers and his coloration is different. I'd need a pic of his claws to ID him.
 
I'd definitely remove that. Y'all realize we're in flutter's thread?
 
If you do manage to get it out, I'm interested in what it is and would like a shot at a proper ID.
 
He's a very pretty species, and one I have not seen before. Could you get a close up of his claws?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new