Can anyone help me identify these corals?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahn0614
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
several different zoanthid sp. and what looks like a red montipora digitata to me. As for the "names" of the zoas - not a clue. Name them whatever strikes your fancy.

I also see some green star polyps (GSP) in the first picture - be forewarned that they can and will spread like a plague given half a chance.
 
several different zoanthid sp. and what looks like a red montipora digitata to me. As for the "names" of the zoas - not a clue. Name them whatever strikes your fancy.

I also see some green star polyps (GSP) in the first picture - be forewarned that they can and will spread like a plague given half a chance.
Thank you and yes I know they spread like crazy and it has I have just kept it under control
 
Pic 1 looks like purple death
Pic 2 looks like a hornet
pic 3 quite fuzzy- could be a monti setosa
 
I think that first one is Purple Death Palythoa too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new