Can anyone id then nem for me?

Major_oak01

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2016
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this clownfish anemone combo the clown is hosting the nem but I am not sure of the type it is.
uploadfromtaptalk1459771397386.png
 
Condy or Condylactis I believe. That's the first one I got, my clowns never liked it. I've heard it call Haitian too. Pretty hardy, but I got ride of mine because people told me it stings corals pretty bad
 
That's definitely a condy. Clownfish don't naturally bond with that type of anemone but that doesn't mean it is impossible. I've seen clarkiis and Saddlebacks bond with them before. They get pretty big but are an easier anemone to care for (all anemones are more advanced care wise though) If you don't have aggressive fish I'd maybe consider getting crabs or shrimp that'll bond with it. You could also just try clowns but there is less of a chance of clowns bonding with condys than any other anemone.
 
The OP says the clown is already hosting!

Beautiful nem, they're all over the carribean and if you look closely you often find shrimp and crabs hosting them.....clown aren't "native," to the carribean.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new