Can anyone ID this cobweb like thing?

Scousereefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
107
Reaction score
124
Location
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today a cobweb like fluff has appeared I am unsure whether it is good or bad. I have trochus snails which have bred before which is a possibility. I have a pair of clowns, lawnmower blenny and Diamondback goby. I did have a big conch and nassarus snails but they never come out I don't know if the conch is still alive to be honest.

16271410864022679025666020259502.jpg 16271411112602446951489428578327.jpg
 
It's kind of hard to tell from the photo (for me at least), but certain fish secrete a mucus to form a barrier around them while they sleep. I've never seen a clown do it, but I'm not sure about the other fish you listed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new