Can anyone ID this critter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shadynate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shadynate

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 16, 2022
Messages
89
Reaction score
11
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this is. I’ve seen several in my tank, unsure if it’s a beneficial little bugger or a potential pest. The video is not great but hopefully someone can ID

 
I agree some type of copepod as 19Mateo83 stated.
Awesome! That’s great news. Would a tank my size 26g be able to support enough copepods for a mandarin goby?
 
Awesome! That’s great news. Would a tank my size 26g be able to support enough copepods for a mandarin goby?
If you have a refugium it might. I would suggest maybe a captive bred mandarin from Biota as they have been eating mysis and other prepared foods. I would think you would still have to supply pods on a 26g tank for wild caught to survive.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new