Can anyone ID this orange snail?

aquaticlog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
264
Reaction score
230
Location
Toronto
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these?

b9fd3393acb65cfea5bed3aa2cff187f.jpg


76a8b8e88140b894029386127efa8e02.jpg


69979366b1000285c607aa215376af1b.jpg
 
I'm pretty sure it's a turbo snail. There was an LFS close to me who used to get them in the orange color. I loved having them but haven't seen them for a long time
 
Definitely not a sponge. I have a few of those in two tanks, I thought first it was orange chestnut / turbo, but the shell does not appear to have the same bumpy texture, it is a lot smoother. Wicked stuff.
 
It looks like they have some clear film over their shells. Did you just get them from somewhere? I just got two astreas and it looks like their shells were painted with something that is suppose to mimic coraline. I can tell it's not actually coraline when I look close. Maybe their shells are painted too?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new