Can anyone suggest a place to buy a lid for a Reefer 170?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

litmusdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad reviews are scaring me away from purchasing Red Sea's official kits.

I see there are the Clear View Lids from Artfully Acrylic, however the delivery time on those the last time I checked was 2-3 months. Though today their website seems to be down.

I haven't been able to find any other options, anyone know any?

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bad reviews are scaring me away from purchasing Red Sea's official kits.

I see there are the Clear View Lids from Artfully Acrylic, however the delivery time on those the last time I checked was 2-3 months. Though today their website seems to be down.

I haven't been able to find any other options, anyone know any?
Pretty much every company that makes them will have the same lead time of 2-3 months to get one due to the high demand.
There’s also Octo-Aquatics and Top-Lids to name a couple more

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safe top lids is where I purchased mine.

C355013F-DD43-44BE-8563-40AF4984CDEC.jpeg

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
litmusdragon

litmusdragon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This seems better reviewed than the red sea kits, so I decided to give it a shot. Thanks for the recommendation!
Its a nice kit. Comes with extra parts! Very sturdy. I used a hacksaw and some sandpaper and it went pretty good. If i had a miter saw it would have been perfect!

xaflatoonx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a lid from safe top lids.
New management.

I couldn’t tell you enough how much better they are than competitors. It’s not just the product - but they are great at communication and their service.

Their wait time was better than AA as well.
Look at their designs. It’s miles better than others that have condensation issues and sagging. Lastly - yes it’s cheaper to get the HD frame and nets - but it’s absolutely trash compared to an acrylic lid.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New management.

I couldn’t tell you enough how much better they are than competitors. It’s not just the product - but they are great at communication and their service.

Look at their designs. It’s miles better than others that have condensation issues and sagging. Lastly - yes it’s cheaper to get the HD frame and nets - but it’s absolutely trash compared to an acrylic lid.
New management.

I totally agree!!! I purchased a DD kit for my 250 and regretted not buying the RSR kit to begin with. That was until I got one for my RSR nano and immediately regretted that decision too hahaha! Nothing compares to an acrylic lids sturdy and clean look. The Kits started to rust as well :mad:

scottyroj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safe top lids is where I purchased mine.

C355013F-DD43-44BE-8563-40AF4984CDEC.jpeg
Man that is a sharp lid. I really like Top Lids but I have ordered one and the guy is not responding. Been over 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to get a feel and see if anyone had issues getting a response.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 153 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back