Anyone use a Avast Plank feeder on an IM Nuvo AIO tank?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to make the jump to a Plank, but I'm worried about how it will attach to my tank. I originally thought it could fit on the back as if it were a eurobrace, but the IM AIOs have an emergency overflow dip in the acrylic backwall, so I'm not sure that would work. I'd like to replace the current setup:

I put this mesh siliconed to the back wall to prevent fish from jumping into the AIO chambers:
1713661487412.jpeg

1713661502482.jpeg

Then I have this little stand that clamps to the back glass and lets the Eheim autofeeder sit over the AIO section and drop food through the mesh lid:
1713661572879.jpeg

I'd like to replace the Eheim autofeeder with a Plank in basically the same place. I am thinking of getting another IM DIY lid or Red Sea DIY lid with extra corner pieces in order to make "cut outs" for the Plank to go, but I have no idea how the Plank will sit over the AIO section and stay steady since the emergency overflow wont' provide support, either (the siliconed plastic mesh is not strong enough to support anything).

@Avast Justin @AVAST Marine and anyone else, any ideas on how to make this setup work? I'd prefer not putting it on the side-glass, since the sides are almost entirely covered with gyres and it wouldn't be very aesthetic.

Thanks!

jeremym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll want something to push the food out into the tank so the gyres wouldn't be a bad idea.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back