Changing from an AIO to a Sump

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just upgraded my IM Nuvo 20 gallon to a RedSea Reefer 250 XL G2. It was overwhelming to say the least. Putting together the tank, stand, plumbing, sump etc. I’m so used to just putting sand, rock, water and you’re ready to go (more or less lol).
Now that it’s together and currently cycling I am happy I made the jump. Being able to put all the stuff in the cabinet and not trying to find room in the small back chamber of the Aio is nice.
My Nuvo 20 is still up and running while my RedSea tank cycles but I will definitely miss it. Anyone else make the change? How did you feel? And how’s it going?

saltcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up my IM 50 EXT to replace my nuvo 14. I keep being startled by how large the sump is, considering that part alone is practically the biggest tank I've ever owned!

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just upgraded my IM Nuvo 20 gallon to a RedSea Reefer 250 XL G2. It was overwhelming to say the least. Putting together the tank, stand, plumbing, sump etc. I’m so used to just putting sand, rock, water and you’re ready to go (more or less lol).
Now that it’s together and currently cycling I am happy I made the jump. Being able to put all the stuff in the cabinet and not trying to find room in the small back chamber of the Aio is nice.
My Nuvo 20 is still up and running while my RedSea tank cycles but I will definitely miss it. Anyone else make the change? How did you feel? And how’s it going?
Hi. Welcome to the sump side. I enjoy my redsea system. Post it up.

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what, no pics?!?

OP
OP
Tahiti

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what, no pics?!?

New and current tank. Also my other XR15 is coming over as well. I’m going to add more rock but so far this is it :D
IMG_2475.jpeg IMG_2337.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back