Can anyone tell me are these copepods?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CLR48
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CLR48

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2013
Messages
717
Reaction score
8
Location
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says i am pretty sure that these are i am just wanting to make sure.
 

Attachments

  • 1423122125772.jpg
    1423122125772.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 484
Here another pic
 

Attachments

  • 1423123295854.jpg
    1423123295854.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 412
yep they are
 
Generally, you'll need a magnifying glass or jewelers loupe to see copepods in any detail, otherwise - to my aging eyes - they just look like a tiny spec on the glass.

Here's what they look like under magnification...

12720-004-3F05363F.jpg


Here is an Isopod...

isopodnew-jpg.8495
 
Last edited:
I'd vote isopods too; though if you have iso, you also probably have amphi and cope ..... and small Mysis.
 
I'd have to go with isopods, the legs look wrong for copepods
 
All the isopods I have look like this
 

Attachments

  • 1423156200043.jpg
    1423156200043.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 326
All the isopods I have look like this

that looks like a cirolanid isopod...if so then they are really bad news - they are predatory parasites that feed off fish...only way to get rid of them is to leave your tank fallow for weeks to starve them while sucking them out with a turkey baster off your glass when the lights are off using a flashlight...every night for weeks
 
Must not be them then cause nothing is feeding on my fish that's for sure.
 
I think most of mine are the rolly polly isopods those are ok from what I read they have the horn lookin things on their face.
 
I guess you guys are right about the OP I was unaware there are multiple types of isopods but those are difiitely a type of isopods.
 
Okay the are definitely isopods, they look exactly like Rybren's picture. Are they a good this to see alot of?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new