I Killed My Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Freenow54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Freenow54

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 5, 2021
Messages
7,577
Reaction score
6,050
Location
Ontario Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I got carried away trying to feed this coral and you see the result. I accidently blasted it with a turkey baster . I don't know what that did exactly , but am hoping beyond any Logical hope that I can get them to live . Has
1000002483.jpg
1000003213.jpg
1000003214.jpg
1000003215.jpg
anyone have any input. This was about three months they have been like this . I have tried more light and trace elements , and photo plankton
 
Are you specifically asking about the Palys? They look over illuminated in the 1st image. Typically they do well under lower par numbers. What lighting are you using?
You're positive no fish or predators are snacking on the corals.
If thats a sponge growing and surrounding the frag I would remove the sponge using a soft tooth brush.
 
Are you specifically asking about the Palys? They look over illuminated in the 1st image. Typically they do well under lower par numbers. What lighting are you using?
You're positive no fish or predators are snacking on the corals.
If thats a sponge growing and surrounding the frag I would remove the sponge using a soft tooth brush.
The lighting was half of what you see now since I am trying everything. No predators. Did not notice the sponge if that was what it was its gone now. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new