Can anyone tell me what this is???

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS gave this to me as a mystery frag...well it is a mystery to me for sure...I do t know what it is where is should go or how to take care of it. When I called back and asked her she did t know either...slightly annoyed...

20200824_152942.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks perhaps to be a cyphastrea frag?

Edit; You are new here, so :Welcome to Reef2Reef.
Someone who has more expericence with these corals will answer your specific questions regarding light and feeding and position.

OP
OP
SkyDoodles

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No but it could WILL kill any coral you put near it so where ever you put it beware of future coral placements. Grows very fast as well and has very long sweepers
I am very new to saltwater tanks (5 months) I am very nervous about this coral...and my tank is only a 34 gallon red sea. I'm thinking this should go back, it seems 8t will he hard to protect others from it. Any suggestions???

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very new to saltwater tanks (5 months) I am very nervous about this coral...and my tank is only a 34 gallon red sea. I'm thinking this should go back, it seems 8t will he hard to protect others from it. Any suggestions???
Put it off to the corner imo.
See that huge coral on the top right corner? That’s a Hollywood stunner it was the size of maybe a half dollar when I bought it 2 years ago.

I recently got rid of the whole colony because nothing could be by it

974D0DEC-201A-41BA-8E64-830ACCA7EFA3.jpeg

OP
OP
SkyDoodles

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is our current set up...I currently have Holly wood in the top back-ish, but I don't have alot of room to really put him...oh we have a star fish as well

20200824_182530.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back