Can apex atk pump plug into the dos

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a longer link cord on the pump. It won't reach where I need to put the FMM. The DOS doesn't have an exact sized link plug. The ATK is a single line connector. Can it plug into one of the DOS link connectors? If not, how can I extend the pump portion. I think I'll have enough room for the #1 and #2 plugs. I purchased a 1link 10' extension but it won't work for what I thought I needed.

How can I extend the pump link?

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think this is what I need/can use?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the connectors on the DOS are the 4-pin 1Link connector which can substitute for the AquaBus cable & power adapter to receive power and communications (not to deliver power to another device), and the 6-pin port to connect the DDR with its built-in optical sensors:

DOS Cabling.jpg

There are a few options for placing the PMUP in a remote location:

1. Move the FMM module further away from the Apex using a long AquaBus cable. But this may be impossible if you need the optical sensors at the tank.

2. Plug the PMUP into a remote FMM with a long AquaBus cable, and keep the ATK's FMM module near the tank:
Remote ATK.png

3. Plug the PMUP into a 24v Accessory port on an EB832 or 1Link module.

4. Use a 24v power adapter for the PMUP plugged into any EnergyBar outlet.
24V PMUP Power Adapter.jpeg

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SuncrestReef thanks. I think the extension cable above your post will work and allow me to go from pump in garage to the laundry room and then thru wall into office and sump. BRS says it is for extending your ato pump.

My other choice was/is to get another link or fmm module for the garage, and then hook that up to the atk module in the laundry room but I'd like to not spend more money on apex lol's.

I may have to eventually if I want more optical sensors in the ato container as the sensor lengths are not long enough to go from garage to Laundry room. Right now, just want to get the ato ready to hook up as soon as tank is in.

Thanks again suncrestreef. I'm pretty sure I will have lots of issues/questions

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do it when you run the aqubus cable run to dos lines and you have auto water changes

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question. Even using the bus, you also havae to use the DC power bricks, correct?
Yes, when connecting a DOS via AquaBus cable, it also requires the 24v power brick. If you connect the DOS via 1Link, the 1Link combines the communications of AquaBus plus 24v in a single cable. That's what I depicted by Option 1 and Option 2 in the DOS diagram I posted previously:
DOS Cabling.jpg

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, when connecting a DOS via AquaBus cable, it also requires the 24v power brick. If you connect the DOS via 1Link, the 1Link combines the communications of AquaBus plus 24v in a single cable. That's what I depicted by Option 1 and Option 2 in the DOS diagram I posted previously:
DOS Cabling.jpg
thanks! Trying to learn all this apex stuff!

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, where can the DDR Optical Cables can be purchased at as additional ones? I recently purchased an additional DOS, but want to monitor the fluid in a make-shift container that is not the DDR. I looked on Neptune's website and didn't see them sold there.

Steve Hedges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the connectors on the DOS are the 4-pin 1Link connector which can substitute for the AquaBus cable & power adapter to receive power and communications (not to deliver power to another device), and the 6-pin port to connect the DDR with its built-in optical sensors:

DOS Cabling.jpg

There are a few options for placing the PMUP in a remote location:

1. Move the FMM module further away from the Apex using a long AquaBus cable. But this may be impossible if you need the optical sensors at the tank.

2. Plug the PMUP into a remote FMM with a long AquaBus cable, and keep the ATK's FMM module near the tank:
Remote ATK.png

3. Plug the PMUP into a 24v Accessory port on an EB832 or 1Link module.

4. Use a 24v power adapter for the PMUP plugged into any EnergyBar outlet.
24V PMUP Power Adapter.jpeg
This post helps me a lot. Thanks.
Is it better to use a second FFM module at the remote location for the PMUP’s 24V (DC24) connection or the EB832 Energy bar ?

Either option will communicate with the ATK at the DT using Apex USB?

Also is 10 ft the longest length for the DC24 extension cable? How many can you link together? Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.9%
Back