Can dead rock come back alive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter glennf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

glennf

DSR Master
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Messages
2,247
Reaction score
3,166
Location
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am curious if anyone had dead corals and liverocks out of the water for a few months and placed back into the tank come back alive?

Can corals survice this ordeal?

A had a assumed dead goniopora "rock" reused from a heap in the garden and used it as a pedastal for my duncanopsammia.

After a few days it turned out a surprise.
This was september 8, 2020

20201115_121208.jpg 20200908_184645.jpg
 
I have had them come back after being "dead" a year, but they were still in the tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new