can dwarf angels burrow in sand?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BilboB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BilboB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 17, 2024
Messages
258
Reaction score
90
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a bicolor angel to a 55g reef tank containing a coral beauty and immediately the coral beauty started chasing the bicolor. I put my isolation box into the tank and went to scoop out the bicolor, but it disappeared. Could it have burrowed like wrasses?
 
No, Angels don't do that. He's probably under a rock hiding. You would be surprised how small a space they can fit in.
 
Well, I suppose it's good he has a place to hide. I just hope he comes out to eat.
 
Agreed, no sand-burrowing. But rock-wedging to escape a perceived danger, sure. Keep us posted. 👍
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new