Mag 1400
Ammonia 0
No2 0
No3 7
Ph 8.1
Salinity 35
Phosphate 0.07
So I'm happy with the stability.....
All was well but then this appeared and I dont know why and I don't know what and I don't know how to get it gone!
20210228_173033.jpg
20210228_172948.jpg

Please help me???

Dreams92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not an expert, but I think it looks like dino. Have you tried looking under a microscope to get pictures as well?

OP
OP
Sajacobs

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if you have used anything that could have bottomed out your numbers, chemiclean, vibrant, gfo or anything similar.
We have carbon and phosphate stuff in reactor used bacteria 7 but only since this jumped up! Why what are you thinking?

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have carbon and phosphate stuff in reactor used bacteria 7 but only since this jumped up! Why what are you thinking?
To get the correct info you need to look at it under a microscope to determine if it is cyno, diatoms or dinos. The treatment would depend on that. One thing though I believe your po4 to nitrate ratio is very off, i think it should be 1:16 double check me as i am pulling from memory. The GFO i assume you drove down PO4 but not nitrate. I have found having the correct ratio really helps avoid these odd nuisances. Your mileage may vary, but that is my 2 cents. See what others have to say, but i would take the GFO offline myself.

OP
OP
Sajacobs

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To get the correct info you need to look at it under a microscope to determine if it is cyno, diatoms or dinos. The treatment would depend on that. One thing though I believe your po4 to nitrate ratio is very off, i think it should be 1:16 double check me as i am pulling from memory. The GFO i assume you drove down PO4 but not nitrate. I have found having the correct ratio really helps avoid these odd nuisances. Your mileage may vary, but that is my 2 cents. See what others have to say, but i would take the GFO offline myself.
Right ok ...... I gotta admit I'm lost with that could you break it down a bit? As a dyslexic I need stuff a bit more simplified? So how do I figure out what the numbers need to be? Then what do I have to do to get those numbers? Sorry to be a pain!

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever clean your sandbed? Might be filthy by now if you haven’t touched it in 6 months.

MasonK24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks a lot like dinos. does it dissappear at at lights off and come back when lights come back on? i have dealt with amphidinium dinos for 2 years and this looks identical.

OP
OP
Sajacobs

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks a lot like dinos. does it dissappear at at lights off and come back when lights come back on? i have dealt with amphidinium dinos for 2 years and this looks identical.
I'm not sure on the lights thing got over the ugly stage then had a phosphate spike so had dino? But then got the phosphates down and they went away and then about 5 days ago this started!

MasonK24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure on the lights thing got over the ugly stage then had a phosphate spike so had dino? But then got the phosphates down and they went away and then about 5 days ago this started!
best thing you can do is look at a sample of it under a microscope (even a cheap one would do) and post a pic so it can be identified and follow steps on a thread corresponding to your particular kind of dinos, if it does end up being dinos. lets hope not, cause they are a real pain. fingers crossed for you!

OP
OP
Sajacobs

Sajacobs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best thing you can do is look at a sample of it under a microscope (even a cheap one would do) and post a pic so it can be identified and follow steps on a thread corresponding to your particular kind of dinos, if it does end up being dinos. lets hope not, cause they are a real pain. fingers crossed for you!
Have ordered a microscope! As soon as I can I will pop some pics up (if I still have the problem I won't lol)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back