Can I add a blenny or goby with my hawkfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DracoKat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
2,787
Reaction score
2,514
Location
Lawnguyland, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for something to help sift the sand. Snails aren't doing a good job.. I may need to add more.

but I am thinking about adding a sand-sifting goby or blenny.. starry blenny maybe. But I have a flame hawkfish. I am hearing mixed responses about other perching fish with flame hawkfish.

It's a 75g tank with lots of perching places.

not a good idea to add a blenny or goby or is it a hit or miss?

if no to gobies/blennies, what do you suggest to help keep the sand clean aside from adding more nassarius snails?
 
Hawkfish can be little *****, especially flames...
Blennies might be fine, they have a belligerent personality; but I'm sure a goby would get picked on...
You might want to throw the hawk in the sump for a little bit
 
A flame hawk will be fine with a starry blenny and will completely ignore a sand sifting goby. A starry will not help with sand, in fact any fish that perch on rocks will not keep the sand clean.

For cleaning sand diamond or bullet gobies are you best bet.
 
I know this is an old post but showed up when I googled if they got along! Thinking of adding a diamond goby with a spotted /coral/pixie hawkfish (known by many names) Anyone have any experience with this combo?
 
Hawkfish can be little *****, especially flames...
Blennies might be fine, they have a belligerent personality; but I'm sure a goby would get picked on...
You might want to throw the hawk in the sump for a little bit

I have a Flame Hawk in my tank with two Goby/Blennies.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new