Can I add a powder blue tang to a yellow tang?

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sailfin, Scopas and Powder Blue in my 180g. I added the PB last and boy was it a good move. He is bossy! The Sailfin WAS the boss until the PB came along. The still squabble occasionally, but the BP always gets his way.

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the whole tang fight thing is just people saying it not actually expirincing it cause I have a hippo, sailfin, yellow tang in my 185 and I just added an other sailfin to my tank with no issues. I added the new fish at night and yes for the first night my other sailfin and yellow try to bully it for a bit but now the two sailfins are best buddies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but this is pretty much the question I'm looking at.

I have a yellow surgeon in my 75 gallon tank for about 2 years, now I added a powder blue, this is my third Yellow surgeon and in comparison is a very shy fish (in comparison with the other 3 yellow tangs that I had before this one).

After adding the powder blue, my yellow tang started to attack him, so I would like to know what should I do?

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but this is pretty much the question I'm looking at.

I have a yellow surgeon in my 75 gallon tank for about 2 years, now I added a powder blue, this is my third Yellow surgeon and in comparison is a very shy fish (in comparison with the other 3 yellow tangs that I had before this one).

After adding the powder blue, my yellow tang started to attack him, so I would like to know what should I do?
i added a powder blue too a purple the purple attacked him i put a mirror up and it just sorted itself out after awhile it took a few days for the powder blue to leave the corner (also have a 75/90)

drdwl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lemme know what you come up with b/c caused i almost bought a powder blue 2day as well...only difference is he would be going in with a purple tang
Pecking order: yellow to pb to purple (most aggressive) - if all the same size. So if out of order, just pick a smaller or bigger one ( be preemptive and start with the smallest one you can get then you can have some leeway ), but this just hedges your bet, because there are some mean tiny individuals !

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice guys. I have no intention of an immediate purchase, but if I did get a pb I would def quarantine it for a month or so.

I love my yellow, and wouldn't want to hamper his tank, so I think I'll hold off. He looks great as is.
Ive got a yellow purple and a blue and adding a PB in a month or so (to my QT) but they are stunning! I use an acclimation box cause the tank belongs to my purple and my yellow is second in command! My blue really could care less about the other tangs, he just likes swimming with them sometimes!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most important information is missing I. Your querry PBT is a beautiful but aggressive tang. I recommend that you have at least 6 foot tank for him.
If no 6 foot tank, then the answer is likely mở.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back