Can I add a refugium to this sump

Dan7575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an aqua one mini reef 215 sump, can I add a refugium to it, I’m not sure it is big enough?

BEB43452-22EA-4C91-B4E5-96E49AD27409.jpeg

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking the section on the RH side is an ATO, if so then it would depend on if your going to have a skimmer & how much room it takes up. You might could make a small one by adding another baffle to the center section.

OP
OP
Dan7575

Dan7575

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I thought I could remove the small box part on the left hand side to put the skimmer in and then add a baffle just after to form the fuge. I’m not sure how high to make the baffle and how to regulate the return pump so that it doesn’t suck the fuge dry

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I thought I could remove the small box part on the left hand side to put the skimmer in and then add a baffle just after to form the fuge. I’m not sure how high to make the baffle and how to regulate the return pump so that it doesn’t suck the fuge dry
You can regulate the pump by adding a ball valve on the tank side of the return outlet or buy a DC pump for better control. Checkout the DIY forum, they may be able to help with the Baffle height. unless someone else answers here. Not sure if it's a good idea to remove anything without seeing the sump & exactly how evering thing works as far as drain line from tank to sump. This is an interesting sump setup.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back