Can I add anymore fish?

Matt_Mc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone
My tank is an 80 gallon bare bottom tank. I have the following fish and have added in the order they are listed.
-2 clowns
-1 cardinal
-2 hawkfiah
-1 chromis
-1 mystery wrasse
-1 kole eye tang

the tank has been up for 3 years. I added the wrasse and tang a year ago.Everyone gets along with no real aggression.

do you think I could add another fish and if so what are your suggestions?

Thanks for your help
Matt

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh the “just one more fish” debate lol. Seriously you might get away with it but honestly you already have 8 healthy fish snd more importantly no aggression issues right now. So how bad do you need another fish in this system? Do you have a particular fish in mind?

OP
OP
Matt_Mc

Matt_Mc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys
Thanks for your advice. What fish would you all suggest that add if I do add a fish?

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh the “just one more fish” debate lol. Seriously you might get away with it but honestly you already have 8 healthy fish snd more importantly no aggression issues right now. So how bad do you need another fish in this system? Do you have a particular fish in mind?
This.

Im in the same boat. Can i add more fish sure but lets say i add a fish that loves caves and turns into an absolute demon. Now i have to rip apart the tank just to get him out. Or lets look at the other side. You add a peaceful fish and hes very nice but your clown now all the sudden is a jerk to him (this happened in my tank).

I just don’t think its worth it and considering your tank is 3 years old which is a feet in its self.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were me I would add one. Prolly a dwarf angel. I love a lemonpeel but isn't the easiest dwarf. I also think a dottyback would be nice, I have a sunrise dottyback and he's lovely. Or maybe a yellow candy hogfish, very nice fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back