can i get 2 more clowns?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@seawee , so let's back up here. Based on your post below, you're only 13 years old and got your tank 4 months ago.

You are setting yourself up for failure. If your post is to be believed, you are mixing saltwater and freshwater fish in the same 25 gallon tank* and currently have 13 fish - this is overcrowded by any definition and you need to seriously consider re-homing most of them.

*I'm still not convinced you're not a troll, but if you're being genuine, please follow the advice you've received on this thread and on all your other threads...

You can be successful in this hobby but you need to slow down...
you say he is 13 (not sure if I missed that post) but op says he has 12 years fish keeping experience? How do you keep a fish tank at 1 years old?

Also dudes mixing fresh and saltwater… what the?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said those were all of your fish in another post. Then reading your responses in this thread...well...I wouldn't have been too surprised if you tried it.
no i wouldn't i am not the devil

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troll, you say he is 13 (not sure if I missed that post) but op says he has 12 years fish keeping experience? How do you keep a fish tank at 1 years old? Troll 100%.

Also dudes mixing fresh and saltwater… what the?
I "quoted" the post where he says he started at 1 year old :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From another of his threads...

Screenshot_20240411-002319.png

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@seawee, we have all given you answers and help, but you don't want to accept it. I know, it is tough, but you have to return some of the fish in your 24g. You cannot buy a juvenile blue tang and say oh, well when I CAN get a new tank, I will move it. This could take years.... tanks are expensive, and if you truly are only 13, you won't make enough money to buy one for awhile, unless if you start working at 14, which even then most likely wouldn't be enough. Buying your tank, getting it shipped, setting it up, then cycling it would take way to long before that tang is too big. Tangs need space to swim, because they swim alot. The tang is going to start getting extremely stressed, and it will soon die all before you are able to get the tank. So, your only options are return the fish, or watch it die of stress.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 clowns and some other fish in a 93L tank and they have been in for 3 months now and a couple weeks ago i got a blue tang for the tank and they where fine and i have been thinking of getting 2 more clowns and i am not sure if they will be fine with it or not they will get enough food and such so will they be fine with it since they have been happy with the other fish and do not mind them even though they where the first in the tank so will they be fine with 2 more?
About 2000+ Ocellaris clowns can fit into a 93 l tank. Maybe more if you use a glass top and squished them down a little. They get deformed a bit but will fit. Most efficient way to fit the clowns, if you don’t mind the deformity, in the tank is to squash them into cubes the stack them. Length with and height of the cube depends on the actually (inner dimensions) size of aquarium. Select the size of the cube so you end up with whole numbers of the fish. That way there is no gaps. Either that or just jammed in the last few. They get a little flattened, but will all fit.
Get a few extra and just return them, or just dump them back to the ocean if you live near shore.
Good luck. Let us know how many. Of course, if the number is what you want then gets them young. If you want larger breeding size, then you won’t be able to keep as many.

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back