can i get 2 more clowns?

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2 clowns and some other fish in a 93L tank and they have been in for 3 months now and a couple weeks ago i got a blue tang for the tank and they where fine and i have been thinking of getting 2 more clowns and i am not sure if they will be fine with it or not they will get enough food and such so will they be fine with it since they have been happy with the other fish and do not mind them even though they where the first in the tank so will they be fine with 2 more?

I never finish anythi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doubt it . A 93l tank is probably to small tbh. Especially for the tang .

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry. Can somebody convert the liters to gallons for the Americans? 93l fells like about 30g...(?)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"black ocellaris clownfish, ocellaris clownfish, pajama cardinal, green chromis, golden zebra danio, blue striped danio, sand sifting starfish, betta fish, khuli loach, marine grass shrimp, yellow cherry shrimp, chocolate goby, and my new one my blue tang"

You have too much fish for a 25G tank already.

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Car Chase Police GIF

Uh oh... I hear the tang police.

With those fish, you need to get a much larger tank. A hippo tang needs ATLEAST a 6 foot tank, but even then that's to small.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is 24.6 gallons
Please say your original post was a joke...
No, no more than one pair of clowns unless the tank is VERY large and they can stake out their own territories - otherwise you risk them fighting until only 1 clown is left.

You should not have any tang in a 25 gallon unless it's a short term quarantine situation (and maybe not even then, especially if there are any other fish in with it).

Please slow down (and maybe put it in reverse...)

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also i knew it was too small for a tang the thing is i am going to upgrade the take once i have found a tank big enough with a good price
and yes i did do my research i am just concerned that they may pick on each other
i do get concerned about the tang that's why i am still trying to find a tank under 1k that can keep them i have everything like hiding spots, lights, enough o2 flow, and a 100W heater i still really need a bigger tank just that i have used all the stands in my room and i can get another stand it is just that i do not want to spend too much on it once i get a steady income i will get much much better items and it is a baby tang i have been doing as much as i can to keep it calm and such and it is currently fine and calm

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"black ocellaris clownfish, ocellaris clownfish, pajama cardinal, green chromis, golden zebra danio, blue striped danio, sand sifting starfish, betta fish, khuli loach, marine grass shrimp, yellow cherry shrimp, chocolate goby, and my new one my blue tang"

You have too much fish for a 25G tank already.
Half those fish are freshwater. Potential troll?

OP
OP
seawee

seawee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if once i have found a bigger tank and move them in if i move them in with new clowns could that do it?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also i knew it was too small for a tang the thing is i am going to upgrade the take once i have found a tank big enough with a good price
and yes i did do my research i am just concerned that they may pick on each other
i do get concerned about the tang that's why i am still trying to find a tank under 1k that can keep them i have everything like hiding spots, lights, enough o2 flow, and a 100W heater i still really need a bigger tank just that i have used all the stands in my room and i can get another stand it is just that i do not want to spend too much on it once i get a steady income i will get much much better items and it is a baby tang i have been doing as much as i can to keep it calm and such and it is currently fine and calm
Get the bigger tank BEFORE you buy the extra fish... You're doing it backwards and are potentially harming your animals.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back