Can I get my last two fish?

Udle42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are two more fish I want to get for my tank which will be the last additions. I would like a powder brown tang and a flame angle. I have a 75 gallon mixed reef tank. Here is my current stock list ( 3 wrasses, pajama cardinal, black and white clown, purple fire fish, green mandarin gobi, lawnmower blenny). I would like these last two fish to seal the deal. All of my current fish get along great. I just had to get rid of an ornery arrow crab and now all is well. Would it be ok to add these last two fish?

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flame angel and he does great and only harrases my kupang damsel but that's because he's the bully. My flame keeps him in check and gets along great with everyone else. He does occasionally nip at some SPS but not too terribly. I've always heard to add tangs last since they can be territorial. I'm no expert but it sounds good to me. Just make sure and keep an eye on the flame with your corals.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for the mix, I would say ok. I had a powder brown in a 75 for a while and it did really well. but they are very hyperactive and high strung.

OP
OP
U

Udle42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as for the mix, I would say ok. I had a powder brown in a 75 for a while and it did really well. but they are very hyperactive and high strung.

So are they a good tang to have then, or will I regret getting it later?

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd do the flame Angel and another smaller fish.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great tang from my experience, just high strung. mine did very well in my 75 with a purple and a Tomini. If that is your only tang, you should be ok. buy a small specimen and be prepared to trade up if necessary.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back