Can I get some ID help please?

Railrider1920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Folks,
I wasn't sure where to put this since I'm not sure what they are. Hope it's ok here.
I was just wondering if anyone can ID a couple of things for me. In the first picture, it's the thing the red arrow is pointing to. The red X is where it was, on the rock next to the clove polyps. It is on the right in the second picture. I cut apart the rock to keep it from taking over the clove polyps or vise versa. It looks like there are some polyps starting to try to spread out. So far, that is as open as I have seen it.

In the second pic, the thing on the left. If I move the plug it's on it shrivels up some. If it's left alone, it's puffed out like it is here.

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm not really sure. Sorry the pics aren't that great. I had to blow them up some and they got grainy.

Thanks for any opinions offered.

thing.jpg

IDstuff.jpg

OP
OP
Railrider1920

Railrider1920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks BlazyinNano. I hadn't even thought of that. I heard from a guy that the other one came from. He said it is blue agave. I just hope it opens up.

OP
OP
Railrider1920

Railrider1920

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I was thinking that the first one was a snake polyp. I heard from the guy that brought it into the LFS where I got it. He said that he collected it in Hawaii. It is a zoa.

The second I have to agree that it is caulastrea. It looks exactly like the pic in the link. I was originally thinking it was some kind of mushroom. Thanks again.

http://www.koralsiden.dk/Art/Caulastrea_furcata.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back